Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We're Here!

After a crazy 30 hour flight in 2 days, which was weird considering the time zones, we finally made it! It is so beautiful here in Uganda. The City is full of buildings and motorcyclists. There is no real law enforcement, and the driving was a little crazy. This place is like a dream. I would have never thought. After we got to Brent and Virginia's sweet house (which is right on the shore of Victoria Lake) they took us on the shore to a tiny pizza shack and just relaxed. We are so tired here, that plane ride really took a tole. But it was so worth it to see the locals and their kindness. I'm serious, everyone here is so kind. We had two little boys hanging around our table with a basket of bananas on their heads. They just came from no where and watched us. They were really cute kids and just smiled and were thrilled when we wanted to take pictures of them. 
After that we walked back home watching fire fly's twinkling in the brush and listening to the minor key chants of the locals. Out of no where this sad song was being sung. 
This place is too beautiful and it's going to be hard to leave. But tomorrow we start the real work. I'm excited, and I think I will pass out of exhaustion. Good Night. 
-Andrea Fox

6 comments:

  1. I So badly want to be there... oh my gosh. Im prayin for you guys :) have lots of fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to read your blog! I can't imagine the sites you are seeing! We are praying for you daily throughout the day and night. I pray that this experience will be life changing for all of you. So proud of you all and your commitment to Jesus and his calling on your lives. You guys are awesome!!! We love you!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you guys arrived there safely! Can't wait to see some pictures. Hope you're feeling better..bring me home a fire fly.
    Tell everybody we say "hi". We miss you guys!
    Jen and Chloe are spending the night with me..we're all thinking of you and praying for your safety. Love you very much and Bradley too!
    Love your Mudder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow oh wow, it seems like a dream for us here too! God bless you all for traveling to the utter most parts of the earth to spread God's Word and love. We're praying that God refreshes and strengthens you all. I can't believe you guys are in AFRICA! So far... yet so close to our hearts; we are all right there with you. Someone please give Dustin a big hug for me. PRAYING FOR YOU ALL EVERY MOMENT.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! Really glad that you guys all made it safe and sound. I am enjoying reading the updates on your ministry there so far and can't wait to hear more about what God does! I'm praying for all of you like nothing else!!! Love, ~Alicia~

    ReplyDelete